Thursday, July 31, 2014

On the Focus of A Slash Reader's Diary



This blog will focus on several genres and sub groups, but all with a male/male focus, generally with a more adult slant to the story.

Some of the Genres you will find here:
* Fantasy; including fantasy steampunk, fantasy supernatural, urban fantasy, epic fantasy, mythic fantasy, and fairy tale.
* Science Fiction; including hard and soft, space, space opera, high tech, time travel, futuristic, dystopia, post-apocalyptic, and end of the world.
* Supernatural; including vampire, werewolf, fae/fairy, demon, angel, shifter, ghosts, witches and all sorts of urban fantasy including supernatural creatures.
* Historical; including Victorian, Edwardian, Regency, Medieval, Pirate, Arabian, Ancient worlds (Egypt, Greece, and Rome), and pretty much any other historical period, but for me, generally the older the better.
* BDSM of all types, regardless of other genres, particularly those focusing on D/s relationships.
* Other random genres, subjects, and fetishes as they crop up.

What you won't find here:
* Modern-day romances with none of the above elements.
* Cowboys.
* War stories.
* Rape purely for rape's sake.
* Stories that do not have a male/male pairing at the center of the story.
* Stories that end badly, particularly for the male/male pairing (I have a happy ending fetish).

I plan to link a lot to terms on TV Tropes, also other blogs I find of interest, and books on both Goodreads and Amazon, as well as some Fanfic sites. You will come to know TV Tropes quite well if you read this blog much. If I fail to define something, please feel free to ask. Also, do feel free to start discussions on things if you disagree, so long as you are willing to defend yourself without starting a flame war.

I will not be reviewing any stories formally until they have been completed, as sometimes the last chapter of a story entirely destroys a story, not to mention some never get finished at all. I don't want to do that to my followers. That said, I will do update posts about the stories I have been reading, and may provide links to them if they have been updated.

I take recs, but don't expect me to drop everything I have on my waiting list to read it. I have a reading list nearly 400 books strong on Goodreads, and it is always growing, so depending on how I feel about the genre or premise of a story, it may take me quite a while to get to it.

Where to find me online:


No comments:

Post a Comment