Saturday, September 13, 2014

Happy Birthday to me

So a slightly off-topic post about my birthday today. I got a few gift cards for Amazon, so I made sure to buy a book I've wanted ever since I first heard about it: Blood Bathory. I know the two authors from Harry Potter fandom, and know the story that was the origin of this story, so I've been looking forward to having the money to buy it. I'm looking forward to reading it, because they're wonderful writers, and I know it will be quite the treat.

I also got a cardgame that fits the theme of this blog, even though it's not a book: Slash the card game. We didn't get a chance to play it, but we did get to glance through the four giant stacks of cards and see the names on them. The mix of characters is amazing--historical, animation, book, movie...if you can think of a generic fandom, there's probably a handful of cards from that genre in the pack. I can't wait to play. :)

So happy birthday to me. And I hope everyone's looking forward to the review on Blood Bathory once I've finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment